Thursday, August 18, 2016

Summer dresses, Part I

There's nothing like a pretty dress, or a great summer fabric.  One of my fav fabrics for the summer heat is cotton pique, so when I saw this yardage (and two others, I have to confess) at Marcy Tilton.com, I was a goner.  All I lacked was a great pattern, but Style Arc was "on the job" with this Peggy pattern (my Moms name, no less)


So, the only part left, was to pick the buttons.  Vintage Sandra Betzina gift, no less.


The result is somewhat busy, but I could eat red pasta sauce in it with no fear!
  
And it fits beautifully, thanks to the little bit of Lycra.

Next up, was a rayon thistle print from Marcy, as well.  I haven't used rayon woven in a long time, but loved it in this K. TIlton dress, V6283. Made the bracelet length sleeves, because I had plenty of fabric and this print seems like a fall one to me.



Notes to self:  Cut neckline higher and think about shortening this pattern next time.

Now, to find that closet stretcher, HA!

1 comment: